The Nashville Symphony invites local artists and designers to participate in its Logo Design Competition, giving community members the chance to help create a new brand identity for the orchestra and its Schermerhorn Symphony Center home, according to a press release from the organization today.
The winner will receive a prize package valued at more than $2,500. The prize package includes two full subscriptions to the 2016/17 Aegis Sciences Classical Series, four one-time passes to the Schermerhorn’s VIP Founders Hall lounge, exclusive backstage meet-and-greet opportunities with Maestro Giancarlo Guerrero and Nashville Symphony guest artists, and much more.
Submissions will be accepted through 10 a.m. July 18 through the online form at NashvilleSymphony.org/logo. The winning design will be announced this fall and will be used extensively in all Nashville Symphony marketing, communications and fundraising materials. Submissions will be evaluated on how well the design reflects the Nashville Symphony’s mission and identity, as well as its adaptability for a wide range of uses, including ads, brochures, web, social media, stationery, signage and apparel.
Submission and competition guidelines are as follows:
- Entries should be submitted as PDFs, in two versions:
- Graphic with the text “Nashville Symphony”
- Graphic with the text “Schermerhorn Symphony Center”
- The two logo variations should be submitted in two dimensions:
- 2:1 horizontal aspect ratio
- 1:2 vertical aspect ratio
- Two-color limit, open-source fonts preferred.
- Written statements may be included with the logo submission.
Complete guidelines, prize details and an entry form are posted at NashvilleSymphony.org/logo.
*Logo banner artwork courtesy Nashville Symphony.